It's possible to edit a station's configuration after it has been imported, as long as the station is still inactive.
In other words, if you've made a mistake when entering connector settings during station import, you can correct the settings before the station is activated.
There are two ways in which you can edit a station's configuration. You can either edit a single station's configuration or upload a new CSV file to override incorrect settings.
Editing settings for a single station
To edit the settings for a specific station:
- Go to Stations → Management.
- Search for the station using the global search.
- Select the station in the overview.
- Click Edit.
- Make any necessary changes in the Station details form.
- Click Next.
Make any changes to the connector settings.
If the station has multiple connectors with different settings, click EDIT in each connector widget that requires changes. Note that if multiple connectors have the same settings, you only need to enter the settings once.
- Click Save connector settings.
- Click Next.
- Check the Overview to make sure everything is correct. If not, click Previous to make changes in the previous forms.
- Click Save.
Your station's configuration is now updated and the correct settings are displayed after activation.
Bulk editing station settings
To edit multiple station settings in one go:
- Go to Stations → Management and click + Add stations.
Select Upload stations.
Alternatively, click + in the Dashboard and select Import stations CSV.
- Make sure your CSV file follows the format instructions provided in the widget.
- Click Import.
- Follow prompts or instructions on your device to select and upload your new CSV file.
Settings for inactive stations are updated accordingly and are displayed correctly after activation.