Cards can have different charging features enabled, depending on the applicable subscription or account:
- Private charging is enabled by default for all cards. It means the card works at stations active in the same account for free.
- Community charging is only available to (sub-)accounts in an account community. If community charging is enabled for a parent account, all cards active in the community have this feature enabled by default. In this case, the card works at stations active in the community for free.
- Public charging is defined in the subscription. If included in the subscription, the card works at stations in your public and/or roaming network.
- Reimbursement is only available to employee sub-accounts. Cards with this feature enabled are considered reimbursable. This means that when employees use the card for private charging, they're automatically reimbursed by their employer.
Enabling community charging
Cards have community charging by default if the feature is enabled for the parent account. Tenant admin, customer support, and support agent users can enable this feature for the parent account:
- Go to Accounts.
- Search and select the parent or sub-account.
- Open the Features tab:
- From a parent account, enable Community charging and click Save.
- From a sub-account, click Go to parent account, enable Community charging, and click Save.
This enables community charging for all cards and stations within the account hierarchy.
Enabling public charging
A card works at stations in your public and/or roaming network by default if public charging is included in its subscription. Customers can upgrade their cards from a private subscription to a public one if they want to charge on the go.
- Go to Cards.
- Search and select the card.
- Open the Billing plan tab.
- Click Update billing plan.
- Select a product that includes public charging.
- Select a payment plan and click Next.
- Review the information and click Place order.
The billing plan is updated, and customers immediately have access to public stations.
- Tenant admin, customer support, and support agent system users can update billing plans. However, we strongly recommend that customers update billing plans themselves as described above, so that they can review the subscription terms.
- A card billing plan can only be updated once every 24 hours.
- Upgrades to a billing plan are effective immediately. If a customer downgrades their billing plan, it's only effective after the current billing plan ends.
Enabling employee reimbursement
Employee reimbursement is enabled on all cards in employee sub-accounts by default. When employees use a reimbursable card for private charging, they are automatically reimbursed by their employer.
It's possible to disable the feature if necessary. For example, in case employees have another card in their account that is used by other members of the household, and therefore shouldn't be reimbursed by their employer. The following user roles can disable this feature for an employee card:
- The parent account owner and admin (employer)
- A tenant admin, customer support, or support agent tenant system user.
To disable reimbursement:
- Go to Cards.
- Search and select the card.
- Open the Features tab.
- Disable Reimbursement.
- Click Save.
The card will no longer trigger reimbursable transactions.
Employees must provide reimbursement information
If an employee isn't being reimbursed for their private charging, there is probably information missing from their account. Employees are only reimbursed when the conditions below are met:
- Reimbursement must be enabled for the card.
- Employers must set a reimbursement rate, so that the system can calculate a reimbursable amount. We recommend that they do this when adding employee sub-accounts. In case they haven't set a reimbursement rate, they can log in → go to Accounts → select the employee's account → open the Reimbursement tab → enter a Reimbursement rate → click Save.
- Employees must provide their bank details to receive payments. We recommend that they do this when activating their sub-account. In case they haven't provided their bank details, they can log in → click their initials at the top right corner → select Account → open the Reimbursement tab → enter their bank details → click Save.
The system doesn't calculate or settle reimbursements retroactively.